The D7 Visa is a popular option among ex-pats interested in relocating to Portugal. In this article, we’ll go over how to apply for Portugal D7 Visa.
Get your NIF number and open a bank account
A NIF number is required for any legal procedures you will undertake in Portugal. Your NIF is your legal tax identification number, which allows you to conduct financial transactions in the country. It can be received from a Portuguese Finanças office. If you are unable to obtain NIF because you are not in Portugal, a power of attorney can do so on your behalf. After receiving the NIF, you must create a bank account in Portugal. This can also be done from afar.
Make Arrangements for Your Stay
The second step is to double-check that you’ve booked your lodging. You have the option of renting or purchasing a property.
Apply for A D7 Visa at the Portuguese Consulate
D7 Visa applications are submitted at Portuguese consulates around the world. As a result, you must go to the consulate in your city. The documents you’ll need will vary, but in general, you’ll need:
- You must have your passport. Make sure it’s valid for at least six months after your D7 Visa expires.
- Two photographs the size of a passport (must be colored and recent).
- Your statement of the reasons for your application.
- Your Portugal-specific health insurance policy.
- You can also sign an affidavit stating that you will obtain health insurance in Portugal within 90 days of your arrival.
- A copy of your criminal record.
- Make sure you have travel insurance.
- Proof of your lodging in Portugal, such as a title document, a rental agreement, or a property loan agreement.
- Evidence of finances.
- Proof of your net regular passive income (an annual income of €7,200 for you, €3,600 for each additional adult, and €2,160 for each kid).
Going to Portugal
You’ll be given a temporary visa once your D7 visa has been accepted. Travel to Portugal and make an appointment with the Portugal Immigration and Borders Service to have your biometrics approved (SEF). You’ll acquire your D7 Visa here, which will be good for one or two years.
Get Your Resident Permit Renewed
You can apply for renewal once your original D7 has expired. You must meet the stay conditions in order to be eligible for renewal. Each year, you must stay for 6 consecutive months or 8 non-consecutive months.
Submit an Application for Permanent Residence or Citizenship
You may be eligible for permanent residence or citizenship after five years.
At GlobalRCG, we help individuals and families achieve a higher quality of life and greater financial security through a second residence, relocation, citizenship, and passport programs. We take the hassle out of the process and provide peace of mind. To check your eligibility for a D7 visa or Portugal Golden Visa, submit our assessment form today!