The Portugal Golden Visa programme is one of the world’s most popular ways to gain permanent residency through investment. More than a thousand families have relocated to Portugal since its establishment in 2012 and begun new lives in the heart of Southwestern Europe. What is it about the Portuguese Golden Visa that makes it so popular? And why are there so many non-EU applicants?
Portugal Golden Visa Details
Non-EU nationals can obtain a five-year resident permit through Portugal’s Golden Visa Program, also known as the Residence Permit Program. Portuguese immigration policy is aimed at bringing in foreign investors.
Portugal’s allure is undeniable, thanks to everything from the country’s stunning Atlantic coastline and lush landscapes to its year-round weather. The “golden visa” allows investors and their dependents to reside, work, and study in Portugal, as well as travel freely across the Schengen Zone of Europe.
If the qualifying investment is preserved for at least five years and all requirements set forth by Portuguese immigration and nationality rules are met, becoming a permanent resident or citizen of Portugal is a possibility.
Benefits of Portugal Golden Visa Programme
- Access to 26 EU countries and visa-free travel to 183 countries are included in this package.
- There are low-cost investment possibilities that begin at $250,000.
- A European passport can only be obtained after a 5-year waiting period.
- Investments in a booming market that can yield actual profits are called “good investments.”
- For the first ten years of your non-habitual residency, you can expect to pay very little or no taxes.
- Requires a brief stay
The Portugal golden visa’s most appealing feature is that it allows you to add your family members to the application. As a result, you and your family can enjoy the same level of freedom and a second home in a secure and stable country!
Members of The Family That are Eligible to Apply
Couples who are married or in a civil partnership are included in this category.
Under the age of 26, if they are single, enrolled in school full-time, or can show that they are still financially dependent on their parents, dependent children under the age of 18
If either spouse’s parents are over the age of 66, they will be included in this category (or 55 and dependent)
As determined by the courts, the legal guardianship of children under the age of 18 of any husband or partner.
How to Get a Golden Visa in Portugal?
Portugal’s Golden Visa requires five years of ownership of a qualifying investment, usually in real estate or money. Before submitting your application, you should speak with a Portugal Golden Visa attorney or consultant about the additional documentation you’ll be required to provide in addition to your financial commitment to Portugal.
What are the Requirements for Portugal Golden Visa?
In order to be eligible for the Portugal Golden Visa program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Not be a member of the European Union, the Swiss Confederation, or the European Economic Area.
- There is a €250,000 minimum investment. There is a variety of investment options to choose from.
- Your criminal record must be spotless.
- In The first year, spend no less than seven days in Portugal; in the following two years, spend no less than fourteen days (this is called the stay requirement).
What is the Application Processing Time for Portugal Golden Visa Program?
The process is quick and can be explained like this:
- Golden Visa is issued with a validity of 2 years
- You need to renew the residency permit after 2 years
- You can request permanent residency or citizenship after 5 years. Or you can ask for a review after 6 years.
The papers you’ll need for yourself and any dependents you’ll be included in the application must be gathered once the investment has been made. We’ll take care of the documentation, and we’ll submit it to the appropriate authorities for evaluation. The fiscal agent we designate for you will assist you in obtaining a Portuguese tax identity number (NIF). We can assist you with opening a bank account in Portugal once you have obtained your NIF. This can be done remotely by our team members.
We can begin the process of safeguarding your investment and will assist you in completing all of the appropriate documentation.
The next step is to submit your application via the internet. Pre-approval of your application will be granted if you meet the essential criteria. It typically takes two months from the moment you plan your interview to actually be able to participate in the biometrics collection process.
SEF typically takes 4 months to accept your Golden Visa application once you submit your biometrics. Pay the price for obtaining a government permit. As soon as the residency cards have been collected, we’ll send them to you.
What are the Investment Options for Portugal Golden Visa in 2022?
You can choose from the following:
- Job creation
- Scientific research
- Capital transfer
- Fund subscription
- Buying real estate on Azores or Madeira
- Invest in commercial real estate
- Residential real estate
Check your eligibility for the Portugal Golden visa programme by submitting our quick assessment form.